As I think about 2014 I am bound and determined to make it a great year because it could be my last year of walking and talking. Wow. Writing those words feels crazy. But I don’t want to waste too many moments feeling sad if I can help it because I still have a lot of living to do.
My goals for 2013 did not include dealing with a terminal illness like ALS but sometimes we have to adjust our goals to align with new life challenges. My goals for this year are a little different than last:
- Love greatly and unconditionally
- Try to give more than I receive
- Be extremely grateful
- Be more faithful
- Enjoy each person, especially my healthcare providers
- Learn something new every day
- Reach 200 blog posts
- Dance with my fellow classmate Fred Headen at my 40th class reunion (I promised him a dance.)
I’m ready for the challenge.
Happy New Year!